Monday, March 31, 2008

I am cursed, but I am redeemed


There is such conflict in our world that is represented by every aspect of human perception. Light versus dark. An innate good verse evil.


Love or hate.


And it amazes me how much everyone is affected by this struggle. Everyone wants to be loved and yet we battle against it, so influenced by evil and hate and it rages out against others. The entire world is plagued by the war that ensues daily, every minute, against our souls and against our mind, whether we will be influenced by the angel or the demon on our shoulder.

The angel or the demon. Such a childish, silly concept; a cartoonists representation. But its screaming of the truth. C.S. Lewis wrote the demonic narrative about the planning and scheming of the demons that plague the unseen parts of this world. Led by the one who's name literally means brightness, the morning star, second in beauty only to God himself. In his jealousy of God's power, the liar and murderer venges to destroy what He has created. These lies that he spews entrap so easily and put an end to all life that has been given.

We have redemption. Christ has given us hope. Jesus literally conquered death, and not just in the literal sense, but put an end to the destruction of the father of lies. All we have to do is trust in Him.

But I forget that so often. I listen to the words of guilt whispered to me, give in to the temptation and resulting shame that is thrust upon me. The serpent is so covinous that I am lost in a fog of disillusionment, loosing sight of the Light that has been shown to me. Along with the rest of the human race, I am ensnared by the lies. I am momentarily a prisoner of the darkness.



We are so incredibly blessed to have received a grace that knows no bounds and a savior who is love. For without this love, this light, this 'good', we are without hope. We are not powerful enough to combat the hatred of creation, the one who despises every part of us.

We have been saved by grace, through faith.
We have been rescued for the depths of hell.
We have been brought into the light of salvation.



The devil’s singing over me an age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray
Singing the first verse so conveniently over me
He’s forgotten the refrain:


JESUS SAVES!!!

No comments: